Man Loses Limbs After Infection From Dogs Lick

A Wisconsin man is losing his limbs after he contracted a deadly infection from a dog’s lick. Greg Manteufel was a lifelong dog lover who fell victim to sepsis after an outbreak of Capnocytophaga canimorsus bacteria. This bacterium spreads very fast in dog saliva and caused the man to lose both his legs and hands. Though doctors are confident he will be able to walk again, he is still recovering in the hospital from several surgeries.

Dog bites damage blood cells and cause sepsis, resulting in organ failure

A bacterial infection from a dog’s lick can be fatal for humans. Greg Manteufel had contracted the bacteria Capnocytophaga canimorsus when he was bitten by a dog. The infection is fatal to humans because it damages blood cells and causes sepsis, which leads to organ failure. The bacterium can be transferred from one dog to another through open wounds.

Woodland shoes are a classic style that is both comfortable and stylish. They feature premium leather materials and a lace-up closure for an easy, secure fit. They’re also made to last, with a variety of colour options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a pair of shoes for work, an evening out, or your casual wardrobe, there’s a style and colour that suits your tastes.


The bacteria in dog saliva are so deadly that it can cause serious reactions. People with weakened immune systems are more vulnerable to the disease, which is a sign that the infection is widespread. Those with cancer, HIV, and heavy drinkers are at a higher risk of contracting this type of bacteria. Luckily, Greg’s family has raised more than $18,000 to cover the cost of plastic surgery. whathowbuzz Blogs for Industry News & Trends Daily. biographywiki Celebryty Biography of Famous Personalities

Related Articles

Back to top button